Redwood City, California — January 17, 2013
Teambox Closes Successful Year with Record Growth, Strategic Partnerships and Prestigious Industry Recognition
Teambox, the cloud-based company redefining collaboration and business communications, today announced 2012 to be a banner year for the company. In 2012 alone, Teambox boosted monthly recurring revenue by more than 500 percent year over year, and bookings grew 401 percent in the second half of 2012 versus second half of 2011.This momentum was fueled by new product innovations, strategic integrations and industry recognition.
Teambox has seen tremendous interest from CIOs who want to shift from expensive and time-consuming solutions like SharePoint and Jive as well as narrow solutions such as Yammer. Teambox meets this demand by offering the industry’s first easy-to-use collaboration platform that enables organizations to integrate file-sharing services and critical collaboration capabilities in an all-in-one cloud solution.
Record Year Spurred by Corporate Milestones, Industry Recognition, Product Advancements, Strategic Partnerships and New Integrations
- In 2012, Teambox added more than 1,400 new enterprise customers, bringing the total to more than 1,700 paying companies. Teambox also experienced a strong trend toward multi-year deals with an increasing amount of large companies, and signed a bevy of notable customers, including Southwest Airlines, EMI Records, Airbnb, Square and Direct TV.
- Teambox was named by Forbes as a “must have communication tool for every business.” InformationWeek called Teambox, “indispensable for doing business on the move.” TechNewsWorld chose Teambox as the number one must-have Chrome app because of its packed set of project and task management features, and Business2Community named Teambox one of the top collaboration tools in 2012.
Partnership and Integration Milestones
- ￼￼Teambox extended its technological innovation into new arenas with strategic partnerships and integrations. In August, Teambox integrated with Box, Dropbox and Google Drive to bring collaboration to leading file storage vendors.
- In October, Teambox also integrated with Zapier enabling customers to incorporate Evernote, Zendesk and many other solutions, making Teambox an “always on” hub for getting work done.
- Teambox also launched a Notes capability, delivering another key module to the Teambox platform, which drove up utilization for teams and companies alike.
- In December, Teambox partnered with Box to offer 15GB of free Box storage for ALL Teambox customers, providing secure content sharing and full collaboration capability in one centralized platform. Teambox also released “notes” to enable customers to capture thoughts and track their minutes.
- Teambox also increased its market leadership with a key new product release. Launched in August, Teambox 4 is the first solution to bring collaboration to Box, Dropbox and Google Drive, enabling businesses to manage tasks, share files and communicate across teams.
To get started using Teambox today, please visit: http://teambox.com/
Comments on the News
“In today’s global workforce, every business is looking for a better way to get things done,” said Dan Schoenbaum, CEO of Teambox. “2012 proved to be a record year for Teambox because we focused on building our business and helping our customers get greater ROI from their team collaboration platform. Teambox’s 500 percent growth of paying customers this year proved a strong demand for our solution in companies large and small with a variety of different business structures. We are extremely proud of all we have accomplished this year, and look forward to continuing to invest in our solution, customers and company as we embark on 2013.”
“Cloud based enterprise collaboration is a sector we study in depth at 451, as it is not only one of the hottest tech areas today it is also of vital importance to global business. Teambox is doing well in this space and I expect them to continue to do so,” said Alan Pelz-Sharpe, Research Director, Content Management and Collaboration at 451 Research. “They rightly made efforts to deliver very practical cloud-enabled task and project based functionality that buyers can leverage and get a return from immediately, that is a relatively easy sell in today’s market.”
Teambox is redefining communications and collaboration for companies of all sizes – from small-to-medium businesses to global enterprises. Based in the cloud, Teambox 4 is a platform of lightweight applications for collaboration, task management and file sharing. Teambox brings many capabilities together into one cohesive environment, enabling businesses to communicate, collaborate and streamline work processes. Teambox is the only vendor enabling organizations to integrate their own file sharing services and web-based applications and become a single “dashboard” to run all business communications.
Founded in 2008, Teambox is privately held and headquartered in Barcelona, Spain with U.S. headquarters in Redwood City, California.