Within the file section of your workspace, you can also create different folders. These can be used to divide your files up according to your needs. It also helps to keep all of your files better organized, allowing you and your colleagues to find what they need quickly.
Create a Folder
To create a folder in your file section, just follow these steps:
- Go to the workspace and click on the file icon at the top of the screen.
- Click on the New Folder button on the top left.
- A pop-up window will appear and you can enter the folder name.
- Click save and the folder will appear in the list of folders.
Edit a Folder Title
If you ever need to edit the title of a folder, just do the following:
- Click on the folder.
- From the drop-down arrow on the right, select Edit title.
- Make the changes and save.
You can change the order of your folders in a couple of different ways. At the top of the page there is a tab marked Sort by. You can order them by:
- Alphabetically (ABC)
- Oldest to newest
- Newest to oldest.
If you want to merge a folder into a different folder, just click on it and drag it over to the destination folder. A green circle icon will appear when you are dragging.
Alternatively, you can click on the folder and on the right of the page there are two options to merge folders:
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select Move to…
- Click on the Move to… button at the bottom of the screen.
Both times, the following window will pop up and you just select the destination folder:
Delete a Folder
If you want to delete a folder, just do the following:
- Select the folder that you want to delete.
- Click on the drop-down arrow and select Delete, or click on the X Delete folder button at the bottom of the screen.
Just as with files, you can easily share folders publicly. This means that anybody can view the folder and the files contained within it, regardless of whether they have a Redbooth account or not. This is convenient for sharing with customers or clients.
To create a public link, just click on the Create public link button within the folder. You can click on the Remove public link warning to ensure that the folder is no longer public.