Communication between colleagues in Redbooth could not be easier. You can have group chat, conversations, and if you want to discuss something directly with one person, you can use Redbooth’s direct message chat. Organization admins can choose to enable or disable this feature.
Direct Message Chat
The main difference between direct message chat and a group chat, is that in the latter only the members of each workspace are present. With instant chat, all members of the organization will appear in your list. You can start chatting with whoever you like.
- The chat tab is found at the bottom right of your screen and is labelled Direct messages.
- Click on the tab and a list of all the workspace members will appear. Just click on the person you would like to chat to. You can have multiple chat windows open at any time.
- Each chat window gives you the option to call the person, provided both members have added a valid phone number to their Redbooth account. You can also click on the gear icon to mute the chat. You can choose to mute the individual chat for 1 hour or 1 day.
- You can also choose the full screen option. This will display all of your direct messages and workspace conversations on the left, with the selected chat on the right.
- You can mute all direct messages for 1 hour or 1 day by clicking on the Direct messages tab. Click the gear icon and choose Do not disturb.
- When chatting, you can use emoticons by clicking on the emoticon symbol. Clicking on the hashtag icon will send the URL of the current page you are on in Redbooth. This is great for quickly sharing a task with a colleague.