Workspaces are an integral part of using Redbooth. It isn;t possible to have a project to collaborate on without one. Workspaces are where you create tasks, interact with your colleagues, and store all of the information related to your project.
You can have as many workspaces as you like, and you can choose which of your colleagues you would like to be a part of each one. Luckily, creating a new workspace is very simple and there are a couple of ways to do so.
The first option is to click on the quick create button in the top right of your screen.
- Choose a workspace name. You can later edit it within the workspace settings if you want.
- Click on Save.
- An invite menu will pop up so you can add your co-workers.
- Enter their email addresses. If they already have a Redbooth account, enter the email address associated with their account. You also have the option of selecting them from the network tab, which is the group of co-workers you already share an organization with.
Alternatively, you can add a new workspace from the dropdown menu when you click on Workspaces at the top of your screen. The following pop-up will appear, and you can enter the necessary information:
Only admins and participants can create new workspaces. External users cannot.
If you would like to edit the name of a created workspace, you can do so via the workspace settings. This is accessed by the Settings icon inside the workspace. You must be an organization admin or the workspace to edit the name.
Delete A Workspace
Deleting a workspace in Redbooth is an irreversible action. If you delete a workspace it cannot be recovered and you will lose all your data inside. Deleting a workspace can only be done by its creator or organization admins.
To delete a workspace:
- Go to the workspace settings which is indicated by a gear icon.
- Inside the settings section, click on Delete this workspace in the left menu.
- Click on Delete this workspace FOREVER.
- Enter your workspace identifier to confirm you want to delete your workspace.
NOTE: Deleting a workspace cannot be undone and we cannot recover deleted data for you. We strongly advise you to archive workspaces instead of deleting them. Archived workspaces can be unarchived/archived at any time and that way you ensure you will keep all your data accessible and safely stored.