Archive workspaces that you longer need in just a few steps. This is a great way to remove unnecessary workspaces from your Redbooth account without deleting them.
Archiving a workspace means that you can always access the data stored within at any point in the future. It also means that you can control what workspaces you want to see in your account – if it is no longer needed, then archive it. Think of it as a quick and easy way of clearing up your working environment.
- Open the workspace that you want to archive.
- Click on the settings gear at the top of the page.
- Click on Archive from the menu on the left.
- Select the blue Archive this workspace button as shown below.
Your workspace will no longer show up in your Workspaces drop-down menu. Note that only workspace admins or the workspace creator can perform this action.
Unarchive a Workspace
Sometimes it may be necessary to unarchive a workspace. This may be due to a project needing to be reopened in order to confirm some information, or just to retrieve some of the data stored within.
If you have accidentally archived a workspace, you can quickly unarchive it immediately once you do not navigate away from the page. You will see the following message:
If you have navigated away from this page, or if the workspace has been archived for a while, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile picture, located at the top right corner.
- Then click on Manage my organization from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the Workspaces tab. If a workspace is archived, it will display a button saying Unarchive.
- Click on the Unarchive button and your workspace is ready to use again.
Only a workspace admin and its creator can unarchive a workspace.