As an admin, you can change membership roles for any user in the organization. This is particularly useful if you want to add an extra admin to shoulder responsibilities, or if you would like to invite an existing external user to the subscription as a participant.
At the moment in Redbooth there are three types of roles:
- Admins, who can control different communication features in the organization. They are also in charge of ensuring that all billing matters are under control.
- Participants, who are the most common members. They can see public workspaces they do not belong to and can request to join them.
- Externals, who have limited access and capabilities in Redbooth. They do not occupy paid seats.
If, as an admin, you would like to change the role of a member within your organization, just follow the steps below:
- Click on your avatar and select Manage my organization from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Members tab on the left menu.
- Navigate to the member whose role you would like to change. Hover to the right of their name and a pencil icon will appear.
- Click on the icon and a menu will appear with your different options.
You must have a spare seat in your subscription to change an external member into an admin or a participant.
If you are the only admin in the organization but wish to make yourself a participant, you must first make another member an admin.
The above point is particularly important if an admin is about to leave your company or business, so always ensure that a current employee is an organization admin.