Enabling advanced modality
With this configuration modality your team will be able to easily:
- Reply via email to notifications to post an answer.
- Reassign or resolve tasks via email.
- Create new conversations or tasks via email.
Once you enable an account for a project your team will be able to do all of the above for that particular project.
Before proceeding, again ensure you have configured the POP3 or IMAP server.
As opposed to the POP3 or IMAP server configuration or the global account configuration, configuration is done exclusively within Redbooth and only by project administrators.
If you are a project administrator, you can enable a per-project account by going to the Project Settings > Create conversations and tasks via email section as in the screenshot below:
- Enter the project’s account email in the Email Address field. This will be the email account used in the Reply-To field of email notifications generated by Redbooth Private Cloud for that project.
- Enter the account username in the User Name field. This is the username (or email) used to authenticate to the IMAP/POP3 account.
- Enter the account password in the Password field.
Note: In this case there is no need to restart Redbooth. The account is now active and any emails sent to this account will be processed by Redbooth.
Warning: All configured incoming email accounts must be unique. You cannot re-use the same account for either the global account (configured in the Manager) or project accounts in any organization.
- Now click Save to persist your changes.
You’ll notice the form now looks like this:
The form now describes the actions you can do e.g.
- Write or forward an email to email@example.com to create a conversation in this project.
- Write #task or #conversation on the first line of the email body to create a task or conversation.
- Write e.g. #resolved or #david on the first line of the email body to set the task status or reassign
Advanced Per-Project Configuration
By default, if you do not further work to configure the incoming email account for this project, Redbooth will create new conversations inside the project.
You can customize this default behaviour by using the Default Behaviour section of the form (which only appears once you have configured the account).
You can choose between having Redbooth create either Conversations (the default) or Tasks by default.
Advanced Task Handling
If you ask Redbooth to create a Task for each incoming email it receives in the project account, you can further configure whether:
- you want the new task to be unassigned or assigned to a particular member of your organization in that project.
- you want the new task to be moved to any particular task list within the project.