This can be enabled such that once the exchange of metadata with the customers Identity Provider has been successful, your users can quickly and easily be onboarded and authenticate into Redbooth Private Cloud.
In order to enable the shibboleth service provider:
Add the Identity Provider’s metadata
You need to add the SAML provider in the External Integrations section inside the Private Cloud manager:
- Add a url to the Identity Provider’s metadata on a separate line in the Metadata Providers input area.
- Hit Add Provider
- You may see the Status indicator briefly switch between ‘disabled‘, ‘passing‘ and then stay in the ‘warning‘ state for a few minutes. This means that the service provider instance is still being enabled with the new configuration.
- Only once you get a continuous ‘passing‘ state is the service provider fully configured and ready for use.
Introduce the Service Provider metadata into the Identity Provider
- Hit the ‘Download‘ link (Line #4 in the inline instructions) to obtain the service provider’s metadata.
- Review and revise the downloaded metadata file before you introduce it in your Identity Provider.
- Ensure, service provider’s metadata has been properly added to the Identity Provider before proceeding.
Restart the Redbooth Application
- Follow the Restart Redbooth link
- Restart the Redbooth Application so it can become aware of the new authentication provider.
- Once Redbooth has been restarted, you will find the SAML link on the login page with which the users of your Identity Provider will be able to login seamlessly into Redbooth.