Generating the domain-wide credentials for the Outlook plugin for your Private Cloud instance
The plugin requires authentication to the instance of Redbooth Private Cloud. To generate the unique set of credentials for your Private Cloud instance please follow the following steps:
1. Log in to your instance Redbooth Private Cloud
2. Navigate to http://my.redbooth-privatecloud-instance.com/oauth2/applications
3. Click ‘Register A New App’
You’ll see a page similar to that shown in the screenshot below:
3. Fill in the name and Return URI fields (your domain + /callback) and click Submit.
You should be shown a page similar to the next screenshot:
4. Make a note of the application token and secret and use these credentials when configuring the outlook plugin described below. (NOTE: You do NOT need to click the “Authorise” button seen above)
Note: You only need to do this once and can reuse these credentials safely across all installations of outlook that wish to access this instance of Redbooth Private Cloud.
Configuring the Outlook Plugin for your Private Cloud Instance
1. When configuring the account within the plugin, you can additionally configure it for your Private Cloud instance.
Click the “Private Cloud” user button.
2. Fill in the credentials form as below:
In the Redbooth Private Cloud url field enter the fully qualified domain (including protocol) to your Private Cloud instance.
In the Client ID field enter the application token value obtained when you registered the Outlook Plugin previously.
In the Client Secret field enter the application secret value obtained when you registered the Outlook Plugin previously.
- In the Return url field enter the last url you’ve set when you registered the Outlook plugin.
3. Click “Save” and your Outlook plugin will now be configured to use your Private Cloud instance.
NOTE: This part of the procedure will have to be repeated on each installation of outlook. The first part (“Generating the domain-wide credentials”) must only be done once.
Distributing The Outlook Plugin Configuration
Once you have successfully configured the outlook plugin and you wish to distribute the plugin and configuration to the rest of your users you can easily do so by following these steps:
- Open the Windows registry (cmd.exe > regedit) and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > RedboothSettings as shown below:
- Right click on the RedboothSettings key and select “Export” to save the “.reg” file
- Distribute the plugin and the “.reg” file to your users.
- With the plugin installed, in order to have their installation similarly configured all they need to do is double click the “.reg” file