Using the Zendesk integration means you can quickly escalate customer requests that you receive to your team in Redbooth. This allows your team to work more efficiently, without the need to juggle multiple platforms. Below you will find a detailed explanation to help you set it up.
Before you begin, there are a few things to consider:
- You need to be an organization admin in Redbooth to link the accounts.
- It is exclusive to Business subscriptions.
- The Zendesk integration is only a one-way integration. That means the activity in Redbooth is shown in Zendesk, but not vice-versa.
- If you do not yet have a Zendesk account, get started with a free trial.
Setting Up the Zendesk Integration
- Go to the Zendesk connector page and log in with your Redbooth credentials.
- Enter the subdomain of your Zendesk account – a Zendesk subdomain can only be connected to one Redbooth account and one Redbooth organization.
Connect your Zendesk account in one click if you are logged in, or log in and automatically authorize it.
To set up your Redbooth webhook, copy the link and click on the Web Hooks button.
Then create a new webhook, paste the link provided in the previous page, and hit Submit.
Once you create that hook, Redbooth and Zendesk will be able to send information to each other. This is what a webhook looks like.
Now you just need to install the Redbooth app inside your Zendesk account. Click on Install app and Redbooth will be added automatically to Zendesk.
After the installation, you can manage the app from your Zendesk settings. Just click on the Admin gear icon > Applications > Manage. From there, you can uninstall and reinstall the app.