Conducting effective meetings is easier with Redbooth. With the help of HD video conferencing software, tasks, and Evernote, keep everyone on the same track and aware of the agenda and action items.
Before the meeting, loop everyone in.
Schedule a repeating HD Meeting to mark time on everyone’s calendars. From HD Meetings in the top navigation bar, select “Schedule a meeting” and set the repeat duration to weekly.
Similarly, create a weekly repeating task for the team meeting. After you click on a due date, an option will drop down to set a repeat duration. Add subtasks for the agenda items you’d like to cross off during the meeting.
Now it’s time to group up!
- Click on the HD Meeting from the calendar invite. Note that only the person who scheduled the meeting can start it.
- When you’re ready, don’t forget to hit the Record and Share Screen buttons. They’re located on the bottom navigation bar of the meeting window.
- Make sure someone is taking notes in an Evernote note that can be shared after the meeting.
- Pull up the main task for the meeting on the shared screen.
- Show the subtasks with the agenda items; as you discuss them, check off the box next to the title of the subtask to mark them resolved.
- As you proceed through the agenda, new action items will come up. Add new subtasks and promote them to tasks if they need an assignee and due date. To promote a subtask, hover over the subtask and click on the up arrow.
- For conducting effective meetings, use tags to set priorities. Tags with numbers in them, like “#P1” for “Priority 1,” stand out as red labels. Enter a tag at the end of a task or subtask title.
To boost accountability and inform any absent employees, follow up after a meeting with a video recording and the main takeaways.
- Ask the team member who took notes on the meeting to attach the Evernote note to the main meeting task.
- Click on the Attach Files button on the task comment box. A box will pop up with attachment options. Select Evernote from the sidebar, then the appropriate note — lastly, hit the blue Attach button. (If you haven’t already, link your Evernote account to Redbooth.)
- At the same time, you can attach the video recording to the task.
Try out this alternative for conducting effective meetings and let us know what you think of it!